Shoulder Blade and Mid Back Pain
What causes pain in and around the shoulder blade? Why is your mid-back aching constantly, regardless of how much you stretch? Maybe you're experiencing both shoulder blade pain and mid-back pain and anti-inflammatories or herbal remedies just aren't helping. If you fall into any of these situations, it's probably time to schedule a chiropractic appointment with our practice at Dr. Haque's Wellness Center of Livermore, CA, where we can help you determine the causes of your pain and treatment options, with the ultimate goal being long-term pain relief and prevention of further injury.
Shoulder Blade Pain and Mid-Back Pain Causes
Before exploring treatment options, we will first determine the causes of any pain you may be experiencing to defer further inflammation or damage already experienced. But what causes shoulder blade pain or mid-back pain? The answers could be any of the following:
- Injury from a fall or other accident.
- Movement that requires lifting and moving heavy objects, especially over the head.
- Over-training or using poor training techniques.
- Poor posture, whether sitting or standing, especially if your job requires you to work at a computer for prolonged hours.
- Prior injuries that didn't heal properly or didn't receive the physical therapy they should have.
- A herniated disc or another injury to the neck that causes nerve pain, which can radiate down into the shoulder and mid-back and even down to the tips of your fingers.
Our chiropractor will assess your musculoskeletal system to determine the root cause of your pain and immobility.
Shoulder Blade Pain and Mid-Back Pain Treatment
Our chiropractor will recommend treatment options depending on the cause and severity of your musculoskeletal pain. Treatment options include:
- Targeted Stretching and Strengthening Exercises: Both of these will help target the areas of pain to improve mobility while re-establishing strength in areas of the body pain has prevented you from utilizing.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: These adjustments are also targeted at those areas of pain that require more "hands-on" relief such as whether they are tight muscles or joints. Adjustments also provide a natural anti-inflammatory reaction within the body by triggering the release of pain neutralizing endorphins.
- Manual Therapy: Manual therapy includes massages, targeted muscle treatment through the use of electrical stimulation, and trigger point treatment, or a combination of all three. These treatments will promote healing and long-term recovery while relieving your pain.
Chiropractic Care in Livermore, CA
Call Dr. Haque’s Wellness Center today at (925) 960-1960 for more information on chiropractic care for shoulder blade pain and mid-back pain or to schedule an appointment with our chiropractor.