Shoulder Pain Diagnosis and Treatment
Shoulder pain is a common ailment that people suffer from. It can be debilitating and make it hard to complete everyday tasks. Luckily, chiropractic care can help with shoulder pain. At Haque Wellness Center, our Livermore, CA chiropractor works with people of all ages struggling with acute or chronic pain and dysfunction in one or both of their shoulders. Using all-natural techniques, we will help you return to a pain-free life.
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
As the most mobile joint in the body, the shoulder requires the elegant coordination of muscles, tendons, ligaments, and other tissues in order to function properly. Many factors can disrupt the normal movement and function of the entire shoulder girdle, which includes the upper arm bone, shoulder blade, collar bone, and upper ribcage. These factors can include:
- Acute accidents, especially slips and falls, in which a person lands on their shoulders or braces themselves with their arms
- Repetitive movement, especially if done overhead
- Poor posture
- Improper technique or body mechanics during sports or work-related tasks
- Advancing age
- Certain surgeries affecting the shoulder area, such as treatments for breast cancer
Other conditions that cause shoulder pain include muscle strains, ligament sprains, tendon tears, dislocations, fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, and strokes. In many cases, shoulder pain may actually originate in the neck. Our chiropractor will look for the root cause of your shoulder pain, including any underlying conditions. This way, we can give you the effective pain relief you've been looking for.
Shoulder Pain Treatment Options
Our chiropractor, Dr. Anita Haque, has years of experiencing treating people with shoulder pain and related symptoms, like weakness and decreased range of motion. She uses her thorough skills and insightful clinical reasoning to help pinpoint the contributing factors of shoulder pain and develop a customized treatment plan to offer effective, drug-free relief. Some of the methods we use to treat shoulder pain include:
- Chiropractic adjustments, which release anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving chemicals in the nervous system and improve spinal and shoulder alignment
- Stretching and strengthening exercises designed for your explicit stage of healing (acute shoulder pain often requires different exercises than chronic shoulder pain)
- Manual therapies, including massage therapy, muscle stimulation, and trigger point therapy, to promote faster healing and decreased discomfort
Our chiropractor goes beyond treating your symptoms by assessing your movement and teaching you safer ways to move, so you will be less likely to re-injure your shoulder in the future.
Schedule an Appointment for Shoulder Pain Relief
If you are experiencing shoulder pain, you don’t have to continue suffering. At Haque Wellness Center in Livermore, CA, our chiropractor will treat your shoulder pain using non-invasive, drug-free techniques. To schedule an appointment, call us today.